Anonymous said: (try2) okay, hear me out - what if the nogitsune chose Stiles because he knew he could hold him, not because he was weak or couldn't close the door in his mind, but because of his supposed spark? Scott could have easily been possessed but believe the nogitsune CHOSE stiles, because he was the only one who could hold him (kinda like the true vessels idea in supernatural) cause we never actually saw any damage that may have been inflicted on the previous host because he was completely bandaged.
Hi - finally i received your vessel ask. So sorry, don’t know what tumblr has been up to lately, but i know other asks have disappeared into the great unknown too. This messages system could definitely be improved…
I actually agree with you - i don’t think Stiles was chosen because he was weak, but because as you say he’s something - he has a spark and a strength because of it. But not many people are aware of this - and that is also why none of the others even considered Stiles might be a target. Scott and Kira hid in Scott’s house behind mountain ash, but they did not think to include Stiles or Allison for that matter - because they assumed (a nasty thing to do in teen wolf - never assume) the oni wasn’t looking for humans, but supernaturals, people with power.
Remember the only person who seemed to really believe and understand that Stiles really could be possessed was Derek. The scene where he’s talking to Aiden and fixing Stiles’ jeep is the moment it clicks for him. The spark plugs actually reminds him that - yes Stiles might seem weak but he’s actually remarkably strong.
Because Derek is pershaps the only one who has realized that Stiles has an abilility, because he’s been there to witness quite a few of them - but also knows how to keep a secret (just as stiles does for him)
- Remember in 2x09 when Stiles’ stretches the mountain ash and activates it - Derek arrives right after and finds out stiles has succeeded. He might not have seen him stretch it, but he did see him break the line without touching it.
- Stiles did hold him up for 2 hours in a pool of water when Derek was paralyzed which is pretty incredible for a 16 year old.
- When Derek and Stiles was both paralyzed by kanima poision Derek was trying to kickstart the healing process to push the poision out. Stiles asks if it’s working and Derek says yes, i can feel my toes. Stiles looks 100 % done and says - dude, i can feel my toes. Derek looks startled - how could a human be pushing out the posion just as fast as him?
- And remember Derek insisted Stiles stay back and hold down Scott when he was going to help him with the tattoo using the blowtorch - did Derek know Stiles would manage to hold down a werewolf? or was it a test.
- He also saw Stiles bash a baseball bat against the merged voltron twin and it splintered completely. That takes a lot of force to accomplish.
There might be more examples, but you get the gist. Derek is much more observant than scott, and seems to have picked up on this. I think he’s protecting Stiles by downplaying it, what he can do, drawing attention away from him.
Stiles did hold up remarkably well while possessed - i do agree with you on that. And he even fought it off at times which also would take strenght. We do see sign of strain towards the end and after he slit open his stomach, i don’t think stiles’ body was able to keep up anymore. If void had left him then, he would probably be dead now. So making a clone body was what saved stiles in the end.
Of all the people out in the preseve when the nemeton was shaken and the glass with the fly was broken, stiles was the best candidate because of his abilities, not because he was weak. Althouhg him being unconcious at the time certainly made it easier to gain acceess. But still it took time, nightmares and weeks of sleep deprivation before void gained full access.
I will go down fighting for this belief and only back down if Jeff decides to make sparkly billboards denouncing it :)
starting today all blogs without the following image will be deleted within 24 hours
Band Geek Humor
Guys who try to use the “Are you on your period?” as way to end an argument always amuse me. Because it gives me the excuse to lean in close and whisper.
“I started my day by waking up in a pool of my own blood. Is that how you’d like me to end yours?”
omfg this is great
New favorite comeback.
PROVOCATIVE STREET MESSAGES BY MOBSTER
Merlin Cast Fest
↳Colin Morgan Week→ Day One: Favorite Role
"When they told me I’d been cast I was ridiculously delighted. I ran around my flat screaming."
MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE
This is a blatant violation of trust
YOU LYING FUCKS I SPENT MY WHOLE LIFE ADMIRING THE BRICK LAYERS THAT ALWAYS LAY THE BRICKS NEAT AND PERFECTLY LINED UP HOLY SHIT I LOOK UP TO YOU HOW COULD YOU
I FEEL LIKE SOMEONE JUST TOLD ME SANTA CLAUSE ISNT REAL ALL OVER AGAIN
Page 1 of 597